The PCC is run by CUFOT which stands for the Council of United Filipino Organizations of Tidewater. The Board is overseen by The Board of Trustees accounting for its sole functions protecting the core values and purposes of the council reflecting day to day operations.
Dr. Cynthia Romero
First Vice Chairman
Second Vice Chairman
* Justine Reyes-Ford, RN, BSN, BA
* PNAVA, Treasurer, 2016-2018
* PNAVA, Business Manager 2014-2016
* PNAA Eastern Region, Treasurer, 2014-2018
* PNAVA, Past President 2012–2014
* Engineering Student of Mapua Insitute of Technology, Manila Philippines.
* Joined US Navy at Sangely Point, Cavite Philippines
* Retired as US Navy Chief Officer
* EMC SW USN Retired
* Retired Senior Engineering Analyst from Tenneco, NNS and Northrop Corp.
* Veterans of Hampton Roads
* CUFOT Board of Directors
* Botolan Organization of Virginia.
* Recognized with 2009 Top Twenty Outstanding Filipino of USA/Canada/Great Britain.
Executive 1st Vice President
Executive 2nd Vice President
Felipe Diaz Born 2nd Vice President of CUFOT Executive in Rosales Pangasinan Philippines. Married to Araceli Diaz with 2 sons Rex and Richie along with 2 grandsons Devin and RJ. Completed his bachelors degree in Elementary Education in the Philippines Community involvement.
* Board Director of Botolan Association.
* Treasurer of Filipino American Veterans of Hampton Roads
* Maintenance man of the Philippine Cultural Center
* Volunteer Instructor of School of Creative and Performing Arts
* Mastermason of Owens Lodge 164
* Past President of the United Ilocano association of Tidewater
* Past Vice Chairman of Fil-AM Friendship Day
Executive 3rd Vice President
* Founder/Director The Young Filipino American Modern Dancers of Virginia
* President Asian Pacific American Heritage Organization of Tidewater
* Vice Chair Pacific Islander American Group of Virginia
* Assistant Secretary Fil Am Friendship Day
* Co Chair Entertainment Committee for Fil Am Friendship Day
* Halau Kahealani Director
* Mini Shock DC Artistic Director
Constitution & Bylaws
* RN, MSN, retired
* Chairman – Constitution & Bylaws Committee
* Member, Health & Preventive Committee
* Past President, BAHR
* Member of PINCA
* Past President, Virginia Stateboard of Nursing
* Recipient of Twenty Outstanding Filipinos Abroad Award in 2008
Mrs. Venus Tomaneng is a Registered Nurse serving in the Tidewater Region as an employee of Best + Dependable Home Health as a Case Manager. She is currently CUFOT’s Vice Chairman serving also as a Chairperson for Fundraising and helping to coordinate CUFOT’s Health Program. In Addition she is on the Board of Trustees.
Mrs. Tomaneng has also served as past President for FWCT, PNA, and UIAT Organizations. She was recognized and awarded the recipient of one of Twenty Outstanding Filipino’s in America and Canada.
Merla M. Marcelo
Secretary to the Executive Board
* Past CUFOT Executive Board President 2000-2006
* CUFOT BOARD since 2000 to present.
* A retired Registered Nurse, 35 yrs service to her nursing profession.
* Clinical Nurse 11, was affiliated with Sentara Hospital.
* Past President, Philippine Nurses Association of Virginia 2009-10
* Past President Filipino Women Club of Tidewater, Inc. 2007-2008
* FWCT BOARD 2009 to present
* Past PNAVA Treasurer 2002012-2016
* Vice president Samahang Tagalog 2012 to present
* Chairwoman, UIAT BOARD 2013 to present
* Past Clerk to UIAT BOARD 2008 to 2013
Rosa Anorico Blanco was born in the picturesque town of Angono, Rizal, in the Philippines and presently resides in Norfolk, Virginia. She served as president of the Filipino Women’s Club of Tidewater in 1995 and is a member of its Board of Directors, member of the PCCVA Board of Trustees, and CUFOT treasurer and member of its Board of Directors since 1990. She chaired the scholarship committee of the United Ilocano Association of Tidewater for several years and was a member of its Board of Directors. She attended the University of the Philippines, where she received her degree of Bachelor of Science in Education with major in mathematics and minor in physics. She migrated to the United States in 1972 and pursued her graduate degree at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA , where she was conferred the Master of Science in Education with emphasis in mathematics. As a young woman, Rosa taught mathematics and physics in the Philippines and at Brewbaker Academy in Norfolk, VA. She was appointed chairperson of the mathematics department at Brandon Junior High School in Virginia Beach and also taught at Tallwood High School and Tidewater Community College before retiring in 2010 after a total of forty-one years as an educator. Being designated a “career” teacher and mentor, Rosa Blanco served as treasurer of the Tidewater Council of Teachers in Mathematics; member of the mathematics curriculum committees and scholarship committees in Virginia Beach; member of the Virginia Beach, State of Virginia, and National Education Associations; and sponsor of several student organizations. She received awards for coaching first place MathCounts and district champion Academic Challenge teams; certificates of commendation for mentoring new educators; outstanding and dedicated service plaques from community organizations; and a “One of the Most Outstanding Women” award from the YWCA. Rosa Blanco has a son Omar, who is a practicing physician at the Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters.
Public Relations Officer
Mr. Estaris is the CEO of JustGoPH who has a combined passion for travel/tourism and technology to fuel economic sustainable growth for the Philippines. He is also the President and owner of The Travel Outlet of Virginia, which is a leading edge travel agency for corporate and leisure travel needs for 25 years and leads sales for the transpacific consolidation as the only Filipino-American Owned agency consolidator in the east coast of the United States. With demonstrated commitment to all facets of the travel and leisure industry, in 2003 Mr. Estaris formed a joint effort with nPorta and Worldspan, creating the web-based travel booking engine, Travel ASP an e-commerce product that served retail travel agencies online. In 2010, in a joint effort with Amadeus, Estaris launched justgophilippines.com, a destination web portal with advanced technology initiatives including, travel destination components and social network technology, which serves as the portal for the “next generation” providing Travel, Social Networking, Investing and Giving Back to our Motherland.
Recently retired from Options Health Care. Managed Care division as a psychiatrist nurse clinician. Also served as a program director for Mental Health Programs in Eastern Virginia Medical School. Worked with Sentara for General and Community Mental Health.
* Founder of Philippine Nurses Association of Virginia.
* Founder of School of Creative and Performing Arts, CUFOT
* Found of Artistic Director for CUFOT Debutante Ball, Mrs. Philippines of Virginia, and Miss Philippines of Virginia (FWCT)